Tuesday, April 21, 2020:

At the Board Meeting, it was decided that given the extension of the Stay, Home, Stay Safe order it would be a wise idea to cancel the remainder of our season. While the order may be lifted on May 1, 2020, we are not confident that moving forward with this season would be wise for a number of reasons, the main ones being:

  • ​We understand that not everyone would be comfortable rehearsing in a confined space even if/when the order is lifted, and seating 6ft apart would not be possible.

    • This reasoning also would effect a performance as our patrons may not be comfortable with close seating in a confined space.​ 

For the formal notice cancelling the remainder of the season, please click here.

We are working on Zoom meetings for the choir. This will include anything from lectures, sectionals, lessons on technique, etc. in an effort to keep us all involved. We hope to start these in May, details coming soon!

Elections have also been suspended temporarily, Jeff Coates has agreed to remain President for the remainder of 2020.

At this time, Messiah at Macomb Center for Nov. 2020 is out of our hands. Our hope/plan at this time is to postpone rehearsals as long as we can, unless Macomb Center ends up cancelling all together. Stay tuned on this.

Hope you're all doing well and staying healthy! This too shall pass.

Friday, March 13, 2020:

The Board called an emergency meeting yesterday evening to discuss our next steps for the remainder of the season. Please understand that at this time, all of the details outlined below are subject to change as the Coronavirus situation evolves.

  • Fraser Public Schools had already suspended all outside use of their facilities prior to Governor Whitmer’s address yesterday evening closing schools until April 6, 2020. That being said, we are unable to rehearse at FHS. The Board has also agreed that in an effort to protect everyone’s health, we avoid finding an alternative rehearsal space and putting us all in close quarters. At this time, rehearsals are suspended until Monday, May 11, 2020 at 7:30pm, when we will meet to review the music. This may change.

  • Masterworks is tentatively being moved to Friday, May 15, 2020 at 8:00pm, at the Emerald Theatre with pre-concert gathering at Anton Center from 6-7:00pm (this still needs confirmation). Dress rehearsal for the revised Masterworks concert will be Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 7:00pm, at the Emerald Theatre. 

  • Tickets already sold for the March 22, 2020, Masterworks concert will be honored for the new performance date of Friday, May 15, 2020. If a patron cannot attend the proposed alternative date, they will be eligible to receive a refund.

  • Consequently, this means this year’s Cabaret performance has been cancelled. We do not feel that with the limited rehearsal time we can adequately prepare a Cabaret show.

Please understand that we are just as upset to have to make these decisions given all of the hard work that has been put into this season. However, we need to take every precaution necessary to make sure our audience, fellow musicians, and YOU are safe.


We are in the process of getting this information out to our Patrons as we make further confirmations of availability.


If you have any other outstanding questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me or another Board member.

Stay calm, wash your hands, and stay healthy!

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle

© 2018 by Metropolitan Detroit Chorale, Inc.
Proudly created with